The Pasadena Housing Office in Pasadena has organized a Housing Voucher Program. They receive funds from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development for proper administration. The program ensures equal housing opportunities for the residents of Pasadena.
The program is initiated to help low-income families with rental options. To be able to register in the Pasadena housing authority application, the applicants must submit their application online.
How to apply for Pasadena housing authority application?
Pasadena Housing Office helps people find sanitary and secure rental units in the city via Housing Choice Voucher Program. First, the family selected for this program will locate the rental units. The units families select should meet health and safety standards mandated by HA. Finally, the rental subsidy will be paid by HA to the landlord. To register in this program, here is how you can apply:
- Search for the ‘cityofpasadena.net’ website from any web browser.
- The search will take you to the City of Pasadena Housing website.
- Click on ‘Tenant-Based Rental Assistance.’ An application form will pop up. Enter relevant details in the state.
- Applicants can also visit the ‘pasadenatx.gov’ website to contact directly and ask for further assistance.
What are the application requirements?
The City of Pasadena Housing Program Office only accepts applications online for the Housing Voucher Program. For application, here’s what you require:
- At present, the applicant must be living in a density bonus unit. The unit should come under expiring city deed notice.
- The selection probability for the voucher will increase if only one family member earns.
- The family’s income should be between 30% to 50% Area Median Income (AMI).
- Each household applying for the program should consist of 4 or more family members.
- Produce a written note from the landlord for the HA. The landlord/owner should terminate their occupant’s current housing contract.
- The applicant must have ample resources to support stable housing for their family.
Who is eligible?
The applicants must qualify for all the eligibility criteria to select for the Housing Voucher Program. Read further to know whether you are eligible for the program or not.
- The Housing Voucher Program applies to US citizens only.
- Non-citizens with immigration status can also apply.
- The family’s income should not surpass 50% of the median income. (The median income varies from location)
- It is mandatory to produce information regarding income, family composition, and assets to the HA. Remember that your documents should be appropriate, as the HA verifies all the information you submit to local agencies.
- Once your application fits the eligibility criteria, your name will appear on the waiting list. (depends on whether the waiting list is open or not)
- The HA will directly contact the selected family to issue them a rental voucher.
If you are facing any difficulties during the Pasadena housing authority application, you can contact Pasadena public housing. Furthermore, they are open to assisting with the housing voucher program or listening to queries. Here are some contact details:
- For any difficulties, you can visit the Pasadena, CA office. On Mondays and Tuesdays, the timings are 8.30 AM to 1.00 PM, and on Wednesdays and Thursdays, the timings are 12.30 PM to 5.00 PM.
- Send an email regarding queries to the Senior Housing Assistant at ‘[email protected]’
- The Pasadena Department of Housing office number is (626) 744-8300.
- Contact via email for any questions at the ‘[email protected]’
Renting a sanitary house in the most populous city of California, Pasadena is challenging to afford for low-income people. However, the Housing Voucher Program provides everyone an equal opportunity to settle at a hygienic place without worrying about rental subsidies. Submit your applications for this incredible prospect.
How to check the application status?
Applicants must fill out the application form online. To check whether the application is selected or not, visit the ‘cityofpasadena.net’ website. Then, click on ‘Tenant Based Rental Assistant’ and the list of the selected candidates will appear. You can download the list as well.
What is the Pasadena housing authority application process?
The housing Voucher Program allows the residents of Pasadena with low income to find suitable rental units. If applicants are qualified, their rental subsidy will be paid by HA.