Recently the department of home affairs launched an online website from where South African citizens can now apply for a passport easily. Earlier, the passport-obtaining process was pretty much hectic, but with the coming of the website, the process has now become smooth. It is time for you to know who you can apply online and get your South African passport without much effort.
Who is Eligible for home affairs online passport application?
Similar to others, there are always eligibility criteria for people before they apply for a passport. There are also criteria from home affairs before you go for applying for the South African passport online. Here is the list of certain norms.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the South Africa.
- There are certain fees for the processing of the application, which the applicant must be able to pay.
- If you need an official passport, you must have a job in a government institution, and your trip must surely be based on governmental businesses.
- For the maxi passport, the applicant must be 16 years or older.
What documents are required for the Application?
There are certain documents that you must have before applying for a passport online. Here is the list of documents.
- A duly filled passport application form DHA-73
- An original identification document to prove that you are a citizen of South Africa
- Parental consent if you are below the age of 18 years
- If you are applying from abroad, then a form for determining your citizenship DHA-529
- Two color passport photographs of yours
- If you have lost your earlier passport, then a lost passport report is necessary for applying for a new passport.
- A receipt of the prescribed processing fee
If you have all these necessary documents, your application will take no time to get approved.
How to Apply for Home Affairs Passport Application?
There is a straightforward procedure for applying for a passport. It is not very hectic and easy if you understand the details of this process correctly. Here are the steps of this process elaborated for your better understanding.
- First, go to the official website of the Department of Home Affairs for passport-related issues.
- There you must find the new passport application form.
- Fill out all the asked details correctly in the form and revise those details.
- Upload the required documents if you have been asked to do so.
- Now submit the form and book an appointment with the nearest passport office.
- You will have to reach the passport office at the given time, where the officer will take your interview and sign your passport of approval.
- If any more formalities are left for passport approval, then your passport officer will guide you through it.
If you have any queries or doubts related to the passport application o you are facing any problem with your application, then you can contact the Department of Home Affairs from the below details.
Email id – [email protected]
Address – Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Phone – 0800 60 11 90
You even contact your nearest passport office for assistance.
Can I apply for my South African passport online?
Yes, South African citizens can apply for a South African passport online. They simply have to visit the official website of the passport office, fill out the passport application and complete the necessary procedure to obtain their passport.
How can I make passport appointment online?
The process of obtaining a passport online is very simple. The applicant has to fill out the passport form online and then interview with the passport office to get the passport.
How long does it take to get a passport from Home Affairs, South Africa?
Generally takes around 30 to 180 days to finalize your passport application and deliver your passport to your doorstep.
How much is a South African passport in 2022?
The current fee for an adult passport with 32 pages is about R600; meanwhile, for the maxi passport, it is just R400.
Can I go to the passport office without an appointment?
No, it is impossible to go to the passport office without an appointment. Only with the appointment, you will be allowed to meet the officer who will grant your passport.