Every year, millions of immigrants locate to the US in search of employment and education. However, there are still many immigrants waiting for their VISA application to get a green card so that they can relocate to the United States. Getting a green card to enter the nation is difficult as millions of applications are forwarded and verified.
Therefore, the US government has introduced a DV lottery that allows worldwide immigrants to get a green card to enter the US. It stands for Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery. Let’s know more about the DV lottery.
How to apply for 2024 DV lottery application?
The applications for the DV lottery kicked off on 5th October 2022. State Department conducts registrations to determine the immigrant applicants for the Fiscal Year 2024. The selection process will be random, and an estimated 55,000 green card numbers will be available.
So, let’s look at how to apply for the 2024 DV lottery application:
- Interested candidates must fill out an online application form on the DV lottery official website, i.e., ‘www.dvlottery.com.’
- Applicants need to submit the application form along with their digital photo. They can comprise their spouse and children for the lottery.
- The entrants must fill out the form under the State Department’s instruction. Any application that doesn’t match the details and digital photograph will be terminated.
- Once you have entered all your details and the attached photo, click submit.
- You will receive an application number in the email to help you check your status.
Candidates must remember that only one entry is allowed per person. If you forcefully submit multiple applications, then you will be disqualified.
What are the application requirements?
To be able to get selected for the DV lottery application also depends on the educational qualifications of the candidates and their work experience.
Here are some application requirements that will surely improve the probability of your selection:
- Photograph requirement:
- The photo’s background should be plain or light-colored.
- 50% to 69% of the phone should represent the head to the chin area.
- Your face must not be tilted and completely straight.
- There should not be shadows in the background.
- Glasses are not allowed.
- The face should not be covered by hair.
- The photo’s resolution must be 600x600P and 300 DPI. It should be in JPG format with a 240KB size.
- A valid passport number, eligible for international traveling.
- Stateless individuals and candidates from nationalist or communist countries must produce the document for verification. You must check the box for the same in the application.
The application requirements are mandatory for the applicants only and not their spouses and kids. If you disqualify any of the mentioned requirements, the application enrollment fees will not be refunded.
Once you submit your application, it goes through a strict verification process. Therefore, you must adhere to the guidelines and follow all the instructions.
Also Check:- How to apply for Dream Act Application (2022)?
Who is eligible for the DV lottery application?
- You are only eligible for the DV lottery application if your birth country qualifies for the program. The State Department is not concerned with your citizenship, but it counts your birth country.
- Technically, the countries with high immigration rates are excluded from the list. Some of these countries are:
- United Kingdom (barring Ireland)
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
If your spouse or parents don’t belong to these excluded countries, you are eligible for the DV lottery.
3. You have completed high school or a diploma.
4. The eligible applicant must have 5 years of work experience and 2 years of training experience.
5. Entrants must have at least completed high school graduation and equivalent. The education must be compatible with the US education system. So, applicants must have pursued formal elementary and secondary 12-year format courses.
6. You should have two years of work experience if applying for the DV lottery for employment. Your experience must be equivalent to the US occupational zones.
The applications for the DV lottery 2024 are live and concerned candidates can register now. Once selected, the immigrant applicant will get a green card to enter the US and seek employment opportunities.
The selected candidates for the program will be informed 7 months after submission. After the notification, you will be called for an interview and obtain your VISA. It will take up to 14 months, depending on the duration of your VISA application.
So, interested candidates should start applying as DV lottery 2024 registration is open for a few weeks only. Try your luck, as its selection will be random after verification, and maybe you are one of the 55,000 luckiest applicants. Check the ‘www.dvlottery.com’ website for more information and status.
DV lottery 2024 registration is open till 8th November 2022. The results of the DV lottery winners will be announced in May 2023.
The US government provides equal opportunity to immigrants who cannot enter the US via the DV lottery every year. This allows discriminated immigrants to seek employment in the US. It is a golden chance for people who want to get employed in a liberty-driven nation, the US. The applications are open now for the year 2024.
When is the DV lottery 2024 registration starting?
The DV lottery 2024 was started on 5th October 2022 at 12.00 PM IST. Interested candidates can fill out the application form if they meet the application requirements and eligibility criteria.
How do I register for the DV lottery 2024?
Registrations for the DV lottery 2024 are available at the website ‘www.dvlottery.com.’ If you belong from a low-immigrant country, then you can register for the lottery.
Which countries can apply for the DV lottery 2024?
Countries with low immigrant rates can apply for the DV lottery 2024. These countries are Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Macau S.A.R., Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.