Do you want to apply for direct catch-up payments? This payment application is available for applicants who want to get $200 to $250. Catch-up helps by paying for students’ learning support. It also helps to fill the gap that has emerged due to Covid-19.
As the guardian or parent, you can use the one-time funds for things suitable to your children’s requirements, such as tutoring supplies, services, and equipment. These payments are available for guardians or parents to help their children by taking them back to their education during the 2022-2023 year.
With the help of this payment, you can get the financial support that helps you with the cost of child tutoring, equipment, and supplies during the 2022-23 school year.
Who is Eligible?
Here we would like to tell you the eligibility criteria to apply for it online. As a parent or guardian, if you want to apply for a catch-up payment and access the funds for your kids’ education, you must check whether you are eligible to fill out the catch-up application.
Who is applying for application?
You are eligible to fill out the catch-up payments application and get access to this program benefits if you live in Ontario. If you are a resident of Ontario and meet the following criteria, you can surely apply for a catch-up payment.
- Guardian or parent to students from kindergarten to 12th Grade
- Students of secondary school who is the age of 18 years
- Guardian or parent to the student from kindergarten to more than the age of 21 who have the requirements for special education.
Students can apply for catch-up payments if they meet the following criteria.
- Admit in kindergarten to 12th Grade and more than 18 years old
- Admit in kindergarten to 12th Grade who are more than 21 years old and need special education.
- Students can also apply for a catch-up to private schools, publicly funded schools, and homeschooled and federally operated schools.
- It has been determined that both remote and in-person learning students are eligible to apply for catch-up payments.
What are the Application Requirements?
Here is some requirement that every parent or guardian must fulfill to become qualified for catch-up.
- Parents having children of 18 years can apply for $200
- Parents having school-aged children up to 21 years of age and who have special education requirements can apply for $250.
How to Apply for a Catch-Up Payments Application?
Here is the simple step that will help you apply for the catch-up and access funds for child education.
Step 1: Create the profile
You must first create your profile to check the catch-up payment application status. You can also update your given information after submission. Remember that only one parent per student is eligible to fill out the application and receive the catch-up payments.
Step 2: Give the information to every student who is requesting catch-up payments
You have to submit the application separately for every student. Only one student is allowed on one application. You need the given information for every student.
- The name of the student school name, with the school board
- Birth date
- A valid email address
- Based upon the banking method of payment chosen by the parent for their students.
Step 3: Choose the payment method
You have to select the payment method. There are the following payment methods available.
- Direct deposit
Before starting the application, you must ensure that all your banking information is ready. In this, you must have your bank name, account number, and transit or branch number.
- E transfers
The fastest way to receive payment from the catch-up payment program is the e transfers.
You can also put the request in your application to receive the payments through the cheque.
Step 4: Submit the application
You have to fill out the attestation form completely before applying. You will receive the confirmation number once you complete your application. It is suggested to keep a record of the confirmation number for every application you submit.
There are many benefits to the availability of catch-up payments for students. The best thing is that the parents can get the financial support that helps with the cost of their child’s supplies, tutoring, and equipment. The eligible applicants will get the one-time payments from the catch-up payments application.
- $200 for every student will be paid by catch-up payments. It is paid to every student between kindergarten, and 12th Grade, above the age of 18 years
- %250 are paid to every student who needs special education between the 12th Grade and kindergarten for above the 21 years
It is easy for parents to apply for the catch-up payment application to give the payment benefits to their school-aged children. The catch-up payments are available for children with special requirements. These catch-up payments range from $200 to $250 per child.
Stephen Lecce, the education minister, is farming the payments that help them for tutoring support for students to catch up on the payments from Covid -19. It is not clear till now whether they keep the children in class without disruption or not. But there is a focus on catching up on fundamentals, maths, reading, and writing.
Hence, the announcement from this province did not consist of any references for parents to prove how the parents use the payments. The education minister, Stephen Lecce, said they trust all parents who take the catch-up for their child’s education. He commits that parents never do wrong to their children’s future.
From here, the other best thing is that a total of $365 million exists for the catch-up payments.
The education minister of Ontario, Stephen Lecce, provides $200 to $250 to parents for their children. This payment helps the children catch up in school after 2 years of disrupted learning.